“Do I Have To Pay To Post Articles, Podcasts, And Videos In The Better Networker Community?”

Read More: Article Marketing

The answer is “NO”.

You do NOT have to be a member of the Association of Better Networkers (ABN) in order to post your content on Better Networker.

This is big news if you are building your business on a budget and you are not sure if ABN membership is right for your business.

But it was NOT always like this.

In the past, you had to be a paid member to post content in our community.

But recently, we added some exciting new perks for paid members. That's the reason why we feel it is now time to allow all members to post their content in the Better Networker community.

This means that now every member of our community can use Better Networker to actively attract leads, generate web traffic, and build their home based business.

We already know that the value of being
a paid member far exceeds the cost
of membership in every way.

By letting everybody in our community post articles, videos, podcasts, and blog posts we are simply growing the Better Networker family.

I understand that being a paid member is not for everybody.

Because quite frankly, we expect paid members to hold themselves to higher set of standards than the average business owner.

In fact, we expect ALL of our members to uphold the 7 Better Business Practices of our community.

If you would like to learn more about 7 Better Business Practices or the benefits of being a full-fledged member of our community, click here.

But that's not why I'm writing to you today.

I'm writing to you today because I really want to know what you think about allowing all members of the community to share their content here.

You can share your opinions by commenting below this article...

To your success,

Jason the "Better Networker"

Jason Better

Login or register to post comments  |  Views Views: 8,398  |  Comments Comments: 35

About the Author: Jason Better

What's This?

Member Since: 09/16/2008

Company: BetterNetworker.com

Industry: Internet

Primary Web Site: http://www.JasonBetter.com

Comments

You guys rock

This really is a great site, keep up the good work!

Ray

Ray Higdon — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:00am

Great Move

I think this is a really great move to allow everyone to be able to use the site and grow their business!

Ardyss International — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:05am

Thanks Ray

We're always adding more value.

But we're open to suggestions too.

Glad to have you in the Better Networker family. ;-)

Jason Better — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:11am

Allowing Members to Post

Jason,
I think it is a great idea and great customer service to allow all members to post content on BetterNetworker. This will definitely help those building their businesses on budget as well as bring a closer knit community. Thanks for thinking about the "whole" community. This community is the best, continue the great work.

Jesse Walton — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:12am

AWESOME

"For a society to excel...no one can be left behind". Great decision.

Everett & Angel... — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:13am

Great!

That's great news... Now I can share some ideas with others... I take a lot of good things from BN, so now is time to share it back.

Zbigniew Labecki — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:19am

YES to equality

Definitely...MLM is the only fair and democratic home business opportunity all the way! Thank you.

AnneMarie Berukoff — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:19am

Like it....

I like it. I prefer to allow all members to be able to post.

JSR

JSR J — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:26am

Great Idea

I think it is a great idea to let even free members post content.

Ed Crego — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:50am

I liked it more exclusive...

it protected us from wanderers that just stopped to post some ads and then went on to the next community.

I vote for only ABN can post content and forum is for free.

Best regards

Volker

Volker Schaefer — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:52am

I also like MORE EXCLUSIVE...

I don't agree for this to be free.

A decision was made was it not, which included, that to post, then you need to be an ABN member. Then this needs to be firmly locked, and the bar needs to raise for quality members, who take their business serious.

Come on man, $10.00! $10.00 freaking bucks, and people don't see the value, in paying that a month. What happened to the teaching of Beta and Alpha?

Now, you're changing these terms.

What's next? The vault and the opt-in?

I VOTE for ONLY ABN can post content and the forum is free, for discussion.

Those who want more, invest $10.00 a month. Hey, if someone don't see value in this, then they won't mind not paying and stay as they are.

Adam Taha

Adam Taha — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:09am

I Love Free

That was why I joined this community in the 1st place. So I am celebrating Free again

Juanita Waterman — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:10am

Free Member Posting?

First I need to refute something Adam said.. it's not $10 a month.. it's $20 (or $19.95 to be precise) and this certainly limits who can participate if only paid members were allowed to post content.
This also limits the site, because it's not only paid members who have something of value to contribute.
I think it's a good move on a few points. First.. it generates more content for the site (always a good thing). Next it allows a greater participation from a greater number of people, and finally it allows free members to get a better feel for the site and it's members without having to risk any money, and perhaps if they develop an "I'm a member" attitude through participation.... they might be more willing to "ante up".
I'm not sure this membership has that kind of value for me & I'm certainly not willing to pay for the "privilege" of posting here when I can do so freely in many other worthy venues.

Tim Southernwood — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:52am

Great choice

This way everyone can participate and share their content beside using the forums. Plus there is still alot of value for paid members. Keep it coming :)

Jessica Maldonado — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 12:47pm

I'm Cool With It , BUT...

I totally understand what Adam Taha had to say. If you want to swim, jump in the pool. Don't just stick a toe in the water.

I have gained a lot from this site and its members. I will continue to use it, share on it and recommend it.

If the decision proves to be a good one, GREAT! If it proves to be the wrong decision, SEE YA! I can only control my actions (most of the time).

P(dot) Mark Cook — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 1:40pm

Public Posting Articles

My concern is quality and spam control...Tom

Tom DeMaio — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 1:50pm

I am a new paying member.

I am a new paying member. Yes, I payed 19.95 for my first month and I believe that posting videos and articles should be exclusive to members only. I still don't know if there is value of being able to use the opt-in box. I will learn this once I start using it.

In my opinion, it's really unfair to be a paying member at 19.95 a month and having my content be distributed no different from a free member.

Being able to post content was one of the reasons why I joined. Other reasons were the quality of the forums and other parts of the community. There is tremendous value there that is free. I thought to myself that if there is great value here, I'm sure it's even greater when I join as a paying member.

Being able to post anything as a free member, I probably would not have payed to join.

Paying members content should show up higher on the list or displayed prominently on the front page. Instructors have a perception of exclusivity. Paying members should also have that.

I am sure there are other benefits that can be introduced regarding content for paying members.

There is value in "The ABN Vault" Especially for someone new to network marketing. I have learned a couple of things from it but I don't spend to much time going over the tons of material there all at once. A little here and there. To busy working the business.

I vote keep the forums and groups free and keep the ability to post content to payed members.

Appreciation from the Heart,

Richard De Haven

Richard De Haven — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 2:00pm

$19.9777777 ok..

$20.00.

Maybe if people make money mate they won't be seriously gobsmacked at $20.00.

Because you think the $20.00 is for posting and contributig articles, then again, you're mistaken..

Here's what it's about....

It's the FORUM that is the most valuable. We've been here for sometime, do you see us posting 10 articles a week?

You can write all the articles you want and get leads, but the POWER is in the forum.

That's where the big boys play. That's where relationship are made, and serious, not tire kickers contact later on.

Then, when a person has risen to the height of respect, and we have seen they are not wearing masks, they are who they say they are - THEN will read their article.

Believe me, we will know who is the real deal in the forum and their fancy blogs won't hide if they know or don't know sod all about marketing.

Their actions in forum will speak for itself. So people can post as much and they want, they miss the real gem place.

Heck, they think $19.97 is about posting articles, content. There we go, when I warned about the mindset that's coming.

ABN is a lot more than this.

That's where the real deal is. That's where relationship is built.

The site doesn't make it with just content.

It NEEDS VALUABLE content. This is going to come from people who are making it happen in the industry.

And personally, from the mindset I've seen lately, it needs it.

Whatever the BN team decides is up to them but personally, next time, when there is an offer, and word is given on certain criteria - I'd like that criteria kept and the policy not changed.

And though I know it's under new management - it was that pull, that made ABN, that Exclusiveness, and also closed doors from spammers - quality.

So I can't really agree on this. Just doesn't make sense.

Just being transparent, upfront in saying what I think.

Adam Taha — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 2:23pm

BN Rocks!

It's just getting better and better and better.
What will you come up with next?

Thanks for all the great value!

Ilka

Ilka Flood — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 2:58pm

Catching Up On Your Comments

Hey, everybody.

Was just catching up on your comments. :-)

I totally understand where Adam and Volker are coming from about keeping it exclusive.

In large part that is one of the major reasons (not the only one) that it was "paid members only" in the past.

I'm taking your comments to heart.

I want to remind free (or new) members that this isn't just "news" but huge news for the Better Networker community.

It is a huge privilege to be able to post your content on one of the highest trafficked web sites in our entire industry.

For paid members it's a huge benefit too.

Free posting means that more people will be using the site.

More people means more eyeballs on every article and video that you share with the Better Networker community.

More eyeballs means...

More leads, more web traffic, and more success.

This is a golden opportunity to share your ideas and leadership with not only the Better Networker community...

But the entire world.

Jason Better — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 3:31pm

Great

It is great information!
Thx for it.
Norbert

Norbert Kujan — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 3:33pm

I agree that the power is in

I agree that the power is in building strong relationships and creating a mindset built on integrity.

I am participating in other forums where through my interactions I've created influence and trust. These are not MLM related but self help.

Heck in some I've posted over 3 thousand times over the years. One has asked me to become one of their leaders to help people better understand the material that is taught.

So what is the real benefit of joining at all if I could build powerful relationships using the free methods? As Adam says the goldmine is in the forums. That's where the big boys hang out.

Adam you also said "they think $19.97 is about posting articles, content. There we go, when I warned about the mindset that's coming."

I don't know what mindset you are referring to.

I see myself as a leader because of the successes I've had not in MLM but in other areas of my life that are easily transferable. A leadership mindset is one of them.

I have a great desire to teach and help people. I have and I'm creating content that inspires and educate others.

At the same time I'm building powerful relationships. I understand the power of the internet and the importance of building strong relationships.

This knowledge is what has helped me build a successful business in childrens theater that impacts over 10,000 kids a year.

and Yes, I payed the 20.00 to have the privilege of being able to post content that is both educational and inspiring because I want to share my knowledge of creating a leadership mindset not to spam.

I am also paying to be able to keep this community alive and moving forward. Anything of quality deserves to be payed.

Appreciation from the Heart,

Richard De Haven

Richard De Haven — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 3:36pm

Just a Novelty

This really could go both ways, yes I thought it was nice to see that when I first started here we had exclusive access but hardly anything has been worth while added in a long time. The instructor section needs a major scrubbing and the content can use some spice.

We do have some great people here willing to put in some time, mostly in the forums. I have seen a spike in spammy content now that it is open but the novelty will wear off and those who are dedicated will stick around.

The site overall does need some work and I know the team is doing what it can to keep in the green. I can appropriate that, and of course without adaptation business would fail.

Just keep listening to our request and take it one chunk at a time.

Richard_Kaulfers (not verified) — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 7:29pm

Free Great!

How do I downgrade to a non paying member. If I can get the same benefits and access, why pay?

Thanks

Earl Simons — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 8:35pm

Now that is What I am Talking About Jason

More eyeballs is a Good thing. A very good thing!

Juanita Waterman — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 9:25pm

This is awesome

It's a good way to let everyone add value to the community. As long as we keep the voting system, the bad content gets weeded out, and the good content gets voted up, and everyone is happy!

Rasheed Bustamam — Mon, 11/15/2010 - 10:11pm

Time will tell

It's good when a person who is working on a limited budget can post something of value. But my fear is that the blogs and video sections may become so overrun with posts of non-value due to possible free members who don't "have any skin in the game", that the posts with true-value will get lost.

I think the forums are great for free members but paid members should have some kind of spotlight because their financial commitment is one indication of their commitment to their business and to the industry.

Just my opinion.

Bobby J. Gallo — Tue, 11/16/2010 - 1:52am

Great!

Most times i rush into signing up and regret later. What i am out for now is, FREE. Free gives us time to make mistakes and learn from them. Then move on to becoming paying members who will appreciate what the site offers more. New paying members often drop off when they do not get much the first month... So its great and i appreciate it. Thanks

iza ibok — Tue, 11/16/2010 - 6:58am

I Disagree!

I disagree with opening this up to all & sundry. At least with paying members you were reasonably assured that the content would be of a good standard. Opening it up to free users will inevitably drop the standard of the content.

We are already seeing a drop in the standard of the general forum posts due to a lack of control on behalf of management the same thing is going to happen with general content - how are you going to control this?

To expect us to pay now merely for the priviledge of using the BN approved member badge on our site to show we are leaders as well as have access to the vault is not going to cut it with us paying members.

You're taking value away from us & giving more value to free members. There is no longer a real incentive to being a paid member. A badge doesn't grant you credibility or automatically make you a leader - your actions do!

I'll be cancelling my membership as soon as I've completed this comment!

Michael B Wilbraham — Tue, 11/16/2010 - 9:57am

So far so good... Jason & Friends... we're on the right path!!

Within 24 hours of a cataract/lens implant surgery and seeing that much better, I can positively comment on this post of yours, Jason.
Since joining Better Networker, I've seen the continued progress of this very venture and commend you on those being part of the thinking and operating team so that it is becoming a most valuable networking outlet. It feels good to be able to let the younger one know that keeping in touch and passing on the good thoughts of one's personal successful journey definitely gives new incentives to the reading person.
It's not always easy but when it comes to inclusiveness we please some and you frustrate some. Those who will frustrated most when it comes to having more participation for the majority of members are those who feel they have become an elite away from the rest.
One has to realize that there are still certain privileges directed at upgraded members and one should not be frustrated because Jason gives opportunity to most incoming members to create more of their own visibility. It helps the network as a whole.
I believe that Katie (Freiling), Jonathan (Budd) and Brigitte (Mehr), 3 endearing friends of mine, can see the valuable results in Jason & Friends taking that route. These are the networkers one should look up to along with all of those above who support this latest effort!!
In Friendship,
Peter Riden

Peter Riden — Tue, 11/16/2010 - 10:35am

We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam. Tens of thousands of home business owners have already benefited from this revolutionary information, and now you can safely do so as well.

CAPTCHA
Are you a robot? Just checking.