Forums

What Do You Think - Single Product or Multiple?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

What Do You Think - Single Product or Multiple?

Postby Sheila Francis on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Just trying to get some different perspectives on this subject since there are many different ways of looking at it.... which do you think is better... to promote a company with a single product or a company with multiple products.

There are pros and cons for each.

What do you think?
Sheila Francis
Contribution Level: 1

Re: What Do You Think - Single Product or Multiple?

Postby Terry Warner on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 pm

I have 3 different companies that I work all the time.

However, Magnetic sponsoring is my best and most stable.

The other 2 are "Mickey Mouse" but earn me $20 a month or so. If these were not already established, I would probably only promote Magnetic Sponsoring as they have several products to offer.

My advice is to promote 1 company more and just keep at it.

Terry :D
Terry Warner
Company: Magnetic Sponsoring
Contribution Level: 2

Postby willie robertson on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Sheila,

I prefer more multiple products.

At one time I would have thought it impossible for a company to do well with only one product, but when I first started MLM in 1996, the company I was in had only 1 product, it was a weight loss pill, 30 day supply.... That company is no longer in business, but they did $100 million dollars in sales in their time of business and they eventually did add a few other products.

Of note, in 2012 I was briefly in a company and they have a number of products, mostly in the health related, but what i found interesting through that company is they referred to their product lines as 'DIVISIONS", not sure what the difference is?

Currently I use a number of products with the company I am associated with and prefer that.

Not everyone will want the 1 product a company offers if that is all they offer, but with a number of products, you could potentially have a plethora of things to share that may be of interest to them.

I once heard a successful MLM'er say that when your company has a lot of products, try to find just one you like and promote around that product, maybe making a pre-sell/review page on the product, once the prospect tries the product they could then be introduced to the other products in the company.

Multiple product's could potentially produce multiple sales.

I even promote a discount travel opportunity and they too offer multiple packages for just about any budget.

Lastly many MLM'ers market products like MLSP or some marketing platform type product that offers affiliate products.

I like to think multiple income stream possibilities.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Adam Taha on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:33 pm

SheilaFrancis wrote:Just trying to get some different perspectives on this subject since there are many different ways of looking at it.... which do you think is better... to promote a company with a single product or a company with multiple products.

There are pros and cons for each.

What do you think?

Sheila

What I think is irrelevant and can be dangerous too. The reason why is very simple. We don't know who your targeted customer is, what their fears are, desires and hopes.

So what does your targeted customer desires, fears and hopes?

Of course, desire doesn't disappear but it does change direction. People will buy other products that has relevancy to their life. When one desire is satisfied, they look for something else. There is a different hunger or the same hunger but at a greater level.

One product that is a starter and then another for more advance and others for other problems. However, what should we really be asking?

1. Who is your targeted customer
2. What are their desire, fears, hopes

You would then find your answer.

When we take ourselves out of the picture and forget asking what company, products, how many products for a moment - and focus on the targeted prospect desires - then we begin to ask the right questions. In doing so, we make the right choices.

So the question is...

Who is the targeted customer and what do the customer want?

You will find your answer there.

Adam Taha
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Sheila Francis on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am

Thank you so much... awesome responses so far!

Terry, I get what you are saying... when you find something that works then stick with it!

Adam, what you say makes sense... targeted marketing where you are offering people exactly what they are looking for... so that would be product-specific.

Willie, I appreciate what you are saying as well because with multiple products to choose from your market has more choices and you ultimately win because they are buying whatever it is they need from you. So, you can still target specific markets for specific products depending on what you are selling and direct them to the product they are looking for.

I am tending to lean towards having multiple products at your disposal for more options and more market reach.

Anybody else care to comment?
Sheila Francis

Postby Adam Taha on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:18 pm

SheilaFrancis wrote:
I am tending to lean towards having multiple products at your disposal for more options and more market reach.

What we say, what a Network Marketer says verbally what they desire, what a customer says verbally what they desire should NEVER be trusted.

What people say, contradicts what they do in the end.

People's brain are wired that way.

It's like filling a survey and the brain of people think, "Oh, it's just a game, no commitment, so I'll just pretend and fill it in..."

Market research, testing and measuring behavior is the way forward to make the right choices in business.

What anyone says, and basing that, as well as basing it on our own thinking, own assumption, what we think, feel, lean towards, for sales is suicide for any business.

That goes for forums too.

I am tending to lean towards having multiple products at your disposal for more options

Who is - your?

Adam Taha
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Dave Hayes on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 am

Terry_Warner wrote:I have 3 different companies that I work all the time.

However, Magnetic sponsoring is my best and most stable.

The other 2 are "Mickey Mouse" but earn me $20 a month or so. If these were not already established, I would probably only promote Magnetic Sponsoring as they have several products to offer.

My advice is to promote 1 company more and just keep at it.

Terry :D

This thread caught my eye and having read the thread so far there are some great responses.I have to agree with Terry on this subject.It has been said many times that you cant ride two horses & this is true.Find one company and stick with it, the results come.I have tried promoting multiple products with different companies over the years and found that the results are severely diluted, compared to when the focus is one just one.

However, I am in the very fortunate posistion ( well in my eyes anyway!) of having been associated with Magnetic Sponsoring since 2008 and my primary ( well only business) since 2009.Both have multiple products, which every one needs and having researched my own work recently, What I have found is this, I tend to lead with myself and when going to events and such like, put my marketing head on and that leads into my referral marketing business, with ease.The results when focusing on doing this are way better than other methods.

So my answer would be pick the best company with as many benefits as you can see, that fits what every one needs

Applied education is the difference
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Postby Sheila Francis on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:41 am

"your" meaning the person doing the marketing. :)
Sheila Francis

Postby Sheila Francis on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 am

Dave,
Great response. It is awesome that you have found a company that you can get behind, believe in and promote.

So, like Terry, you are saying "one company, multiple products".

Awesome! Thank you!
Sheila Francis

Postby Charles Holmes on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 pm

I would never promote a company with a single product. When it comes to sales and consumption with your team, you would want multiple products. More products to choose from equals more sales and volume. Plus, there is more appeal to more people if you have multiple products. Just this guy's two cents.
Chuck Holmes
(352) 503-4816 EST

http://betternetworker.getmesomeleads.com/
Charles Holmes
Company: Essante Organics
Contribution Level: 3

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion