Forums

What Is The ONE Thing?

Moderator: admin

What Is The ONE Thing?

Postby Sheila Francis on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 am

We all have the same amount of hours in a day... the key is to make the most of the time we have.

Be the most productive to get the most important things done each day.

Some people make a list and then whatever they don't get done, gets carried over to the next day.
Some people rank to do's in an A, B, C format... A's being most important and C's least.

While these are good ways to stay on track, by not getting something done today and moving it to the next day or by ranking something a "C", doesn't that just mean that it's not that important and doesn't have to be done today? So, other than having it on your list so you remember to do it someday, why not just unclutter your mind and focus on just ONE THING?

Ask yourself, "What's the ONE THING that I need to get done today that will give me ... (income, leads, peace of mind, business, etc.)

What do you think about the ONE THING theory?

What is your ONE THING that if you do this today, it will make a huge impact in your life?
Sheila Francis
Contribution Level: 1

Re: What Is The ONE Thing?

Postby Tim Alwell on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 pm

My daily to do list which comprises of a handful of things ;)
FREE EBOOK: HOW I MADE MY FIRST $1,000 ONLINE
https://timfrancis.leadpages.net/bn/
Tim Alwell
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Barry Unruh on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Maybe it will be replying to your post...

More seriously, your idea has a lot of merit. One of my mentors preached "chunking" to me. I used to jump from one thing to another throughout the day, but now break my work down into similar tasks and do them all at one time.

Example, if I am going to make a video, it is better to plan several days worth of videos and do them all at one time. That way I only setup once, not multiple times during the week.

It is definitely a big productivity gain when you focus on "one thing" instead of getting scattered.
Barry Unruh
Company: GVO Hosting

Postby Sheila Francis on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 pm

LOL, Barry!

That makes good sense. I think we'll get a few good productivity ideas on this topic :)

Always looking for ways to maximize my time.

Anybody else? Keep it coming...
Sheila Francis

Postby John Jan Janca on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:16 am

One Thing is good!
To dermine that one thing for myself I just simply use:
- 80/20 Principle -- or 90/10, if possible :D
- Urgent vs. Really Important Principle :!:
That's it!
How to EXPLODE Your Business With FREE LEADS --
http://bit.ly/MegaLeads
John Jan Janca
Company: Magnetic Sponsoring

Postby BetterNetworker Admin on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 am

Tim and John, thank you for your contributions.

It seems that in the course of a day and with technology we should get tons of things done!

I heard on the radio this morning the DJ talking about how she had so many to-do lists that were incomplete and then she went into overwhelm and nothing got done! Her resolve was to go back and one-by-one complete her to-do's focusing on each task to completion. Multi-tasking is great, however if you don't stay on task, you end up with a lot of incompleted tasks.

Thus the ONE THING theory... start/complete.

Any thoughts...
---------------------
System Admin
betternetworker.com admin
http://www.betternetworker.com/help
BetterNetworker Admin
Company: 12SecondCommute
Contribution Level: 3
Site Admin

Postby Marty Baker on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Here is a thought, I do this daily.

I always do my toughest, hardest, must unpleasant things first.

These item generally make me more money than the easy things I have to do that day.
Also if it is not a money maker, if I get it out of the way early I don't have to worry about it all day so it lifts a burden off my back.
To Your Success
Marty Baker

*STOP* Fighting with your upline about building your business Online. I have the solution This simple system will set you free.
Marty Baker
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Dave Hayes on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:06 am

SheilaFrancis wrote:We all have the same amount of hours in a day... the key is to make the most of the time we have.

Be the most productive to get the most important things done each day.

Some people make a list and then whatever they don't get done, gets carried over to the next day.
Some people rank to do's in an A, B, C format... A's being most important and C's least.

While these are good ways to stay on track, by not getting something done today and moving it to the next day or by ranking something a "C", doesn't that just mean that it's not that important and doesn't have to be done today? So, other than having it on your list so you remember to do it someday, why not just unclutter your mind and focus on just ONE THING?

Ask yourself, "What's the ONE THING that I need to get done today that will give me ... (income, leads, peace of mind, business, etc.)

What do you think about the ONE THING theory?

What is your ONE THING that if you do this today, it will make a huge impact in your life?

This is an interesting post Sheila. Having thought about it briefly, I suppose my one thing is making sure the follow ups are done, with those I said I would do, one poorly treated customer has a great affect on your business, while the other thing is too make sure I learn something new, which makes the value I give out greater, which in turn will attract those clients I want

Applied Education is the difference
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Postby Antoinemcox Antoinemcox on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 am

Since its April, 2013 publication The ONE Thing has made more than 125 appearances on national bestseller lists, including #1 Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, Publisher s Weekly, .

The key to success is figuring out your ONE most important thing in your business/career/life over the long-run. Think of this as your “someday” goal. Once you’ve figured that out, you need to identify how many dominoes you need to line up - and then knock down - in order to achieve it. Simple right? … actually, yeah. It is. But just because it’s simple doesn’t mean it’s easy.

The ONE Thing In Action

American businessman Bill Gates is a great example of The ONE Thing lifestyle in action.

Bill’s ONE passion in high school was computers.
This led him to develop ONE skill, computer programming.
In high school, he got ONE job in the computer programing field.
Which led to him eventually starting ONE company - Microsoft.
Bill’s company, Microsoft focussed on ONE thing -- the development and sale of BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800,
which eventually made Bill the ONE richest man in the world for 15 years in a row.
After Bill retired from Microsoft, he and his wife Melinda formed ONE foundation that focused on ONE Thing: to tackle some of the world’s “really tough problems” like health and education.
The majority of the foundation’s money went to ONE area, their Global Health Program -- which had ONE goal: the use science and technology to save lives in poor countries…
To do this, they settled on find a solution to the ONE major cause of death -- infectious disease...
The ONE solution they came up with was vaccination. Because it’s the ONE most impactful thing they can put their money towards to solve their ONE ultimate focus: to tackle some of the world’s “really tough problems.” (See how it all ties together?)

Divorce attorney in Rockford IL

Antoinemcox Antoinemcox

Return to General Personal Development Discussion